Develop problem-solving skills used in a wide variety of industrial applications where sensors and environmental controls must be maintained, i.e. food processing, clean rooms, etc. The critical skills developed through this tool are also utilized in almost any type of processing operation where sensors/transducers are used.
Develop your workforce, transform your maintenance staff to troubleshooting pros and exceed your production goals.
Troubleshooting Control Systems provides an overview of common industrial sensors including their operation, required signal conditioning and prevalent issues.
Instructional circuit simulations teach professionals how to troubleshoot a wide array of problems in a basic greenhouse scenario involving lighting, humidity and temperature control and applying these proven techniques.
- Learn new concepts such as processing measurement values in real time and how that information is used to provide digital control of heaters, foggers, exhaust fans and lights
- Learn how to diagnose sensor and transducer errors and when to calibrate or replace these devices
- Learn how to configure PLC analog modules for different sensor types and how to set alarms and alarm deadband
- More realistic logout/tag out
- Troubleshooting scenes across multiple rooms
- Learn how to troubleshoot effectively and methodically
- Have the skills acquired from our previous troubleshooting modules reinforced
- Operation of an Analog Input Module including load resistor, ADCs and wiring
- Comparison of analog current and voltage signals
- Configuration of an analog input channel including scaling and alarms
- How to read and interpret a ladder diagram PLC program
- Demonstrations, hands-on labs, and continuous performance measurement
- Step-by-step guides help users apply new problem-solving techniques to find and repair faults
- Printable resources including circuit diagrams, schematics, and worksheets
- Help those who work in a PLC-based environment understand analog information and how to monitor, process and troubleshoot in real time
- Increase troubleshooting efficiency by exposing your team to a wide range of fault scenarios in a process controlled system
- Decrease downtime by providing feedback and testing methods to further improve troubleshooting skills
- PLC CPU with internal power supply
- 8-input Digital Input Sourcing Module
- 16-output Digital Output Relay Module
- 4-input Analog Input Module configured for 4 – 20 mA current loops
- RTD Sensor and Input Modules
- Quantum Light Transducer
- Capacitive Type Humidity Transducer
- Exhaust Fans, HPS Lights, Infrared Heaters, Solenoid controlled Foggers
- Manual/Off/Auto selector switch
6 Unique ladder programs are included covering different concepts involved in process control including: Basic control, Latching, General Compare instructions such as GEQ (greater than or equal to), LEQ (Less than or equal to), COM (Compare), Alarms and Timers.
- Track skills development with comprehensive evaluations for each fault and overall individual performance
- Measure and record your teams’ achievements in safety, accuracy and efficiency
- Use all-inclusive reports to monitor professionals’ progress, achievements and areas that need improvement
- Print certificates when a professional finishes all skill test faults
“The benefits were seen immediately…an apprentice who completed the training was able to quickly find and clear a ground in a circuit that had been broken for two days. This after numerous unsuccessful attempts by a qualified craftsman without the software training. We are now in the process of scheduling all of our technicians for this training on a recurring basis.”
Jim S. Assistant Supervisor, South Caroline Port Authority