I came across this famous Confucian quote the other day:
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
While I have seen this well-known quote before, it really got me thinking. What makes our Troubleshooting Skills software such an effective learning tool?
The answer was an easy one…simulations! People get the chance to DO, so they UNDERSTAND and LEARN more effectively.
So, I decided to come up with a list of some of the best things about simulations, because that’s what we do here at Simutech, we create fantastic simulated environments to facilitate the learning of skills.
Here’s my list of the 6 Best Things About Simulations:
1. Interactivity and Involvement. Learning with simulations is interactive, so the learner becomes more involved in the learning process.
2. Realism. Training can take place in a realistic environment which helps learners transfer their skills to the workplace.
3. Safety. Learners can make, and learn from, mistakes without causing harm to themselves, anyone else, or equipment.
4. Practicality. Learners don’t need to practice on actual faulty equipment, which can be expensive and hard to come by.
5. Convenience and Flexibility. Learning can take place at anytime, and anywhere there is a computer.
6. Manageable and Rewarding. Training with simulations makes it easy for learners to track their progress and see real improvement in their skills.