Last Updated: Nov 13, 2019
Our mission at Simutech Multimedia is to provide simulation-based training for the manufacturing and electrical troubleshooting industry.
Simutech Multimedia Inc. has created this privacy notice to explain how we use the information that you may provide while visiting our website and demonstrate our firm commitment to Internet privacy.
Simutech Multimedia Privacy Principles
- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure learning environment for you.
- We do not sell your information to third parties.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
1. What information do we collect?
We take the information you provide to us very seriously, and we strive to put you in control of decisions around your information.
If you create an account on the Simutech Multimedia Service or communicate with Simutech Multimedia, you may provide to Simutech Multimedia information to identify and keep track of your training data, such as user ids and passwords. We do not collect any personal information such as your date of birth, social security numbers, personal address, etc.
We collect information in a variety of ways, which may vary according to your use of the Service and your account settings. These may include:
Contact and profile information
Information about your use of our Service
Usage and device information
Contact and profile information.
When you create an account on the Simutech Multimedia Service or communicate with us, we may collect information including your name, and email address. In addition, we may ask you for information at other times, such as when you contact our technical support team, send us an email, complete a user survey, or otherwise communicate with Simutech Multimedia.
Information about your use of our Service.
We may collect usage information about your use of our Service, such as the number of problems you have attempted, the number of videos you have viewed, and the amount of time spent to complete a problem. This enables us to better tailor training experiences that are most appropriate for you.
We may collect and use information about your location (such as your country) or infer your approximate location based on your IP address in order to provide you with tailored training experiences for your region, but we don’t collect the precise geolocation of you or your device.
Usage and device information.
To provide a personalized learning and high-quality experience for our users, we may use various technologies that automatically record certain technical information from your browser or device when you visit our website, read our emails, use our Service, or otherwise engage with us. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, Flash objects, log files, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). These tracking technologies cookies collect information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on the Service), information about your browser and online usage patterns (e.g., Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, pages viewed, whether you opened an email, links clicked), and information about the device(s) you use to access the Service (e.g., mobile device identifier, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, and whether you access the Service from multiple devices). We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to better display our website, to save you time, to provide better technical support, for promotional purposes, and to track website usage. For example, cookies help us to:
- Keep track of whether you are signed in or have previously signed in so that we can display all the features that are available to you.
- Remember your settings on the pages you visit so that we can display your preferred content the next time you visit.
- Customize the function and appearance of the pages you visit based on information relating to your account; for example, to default you to a particular study level, or to remember customized settings for a report.
- Track website usage for various purposes including sales, marketing, and billing.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services (particularly those that require you to sign-in) may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website or by clicking here. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. Please consult your browser’s “Help” function to learn more. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our sites, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the sites or benefit from the information and services offered.
2. How we use the information we collect
Simutech Multimedia uses this information in the following ways:
To provide and enhance our Service.
Simutech Multimedia uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of our Service.
To personalize your experience.
We use the information to personalize your experience while using the Service, including on various devices you may use to access the Service.
To communicate with you.
We use your information to communicate with you about your account and respond to inquiries. We may also use your information to provide you with information about Simutech Multimedia’s features, services, and other offerings that may be of interest to you.
To understand, improve, and develop our Service.
Simutech Multimedia uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from users to understand and analyze the usage trends, learning behaviors, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
We may also use the information to maintain, develop, support, and improve our Service and other educational products and services.
3. How we share or transfer data
Simutech Multimedia takes great care to protect the information you provide us. We do not rent or sell your information that we collect from users with third parties.
With your consent or according to your instructions.
Other instances where we may share or disclose information for legal or business purposes.
- We will share data with employees and service providers. Simutech Multimedia may share information with our employees and trusted vendors, third-party service providers, and other individuals to provide services or products for us or on our behalf, which could include analytics, hosting, marketing, and similar services. When we share your information with third-party service providers or vendors, these third parties are contractually obligated to maintain the security and confidentiality of that information.
- Other instances. Simutech Multimedia may release your information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (d) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Simutech Multimedia, our users, or the public; or (f) as required or permitted by law.
4. Your choice and options relating to data collection and use
At Simutech Multimedia, we use your information as needed for the purposes for which it was collected or where you have consented to our use of your information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we store and use is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you discover that information or other data pertaining to you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date, please update your account information or contact us as outlined below.
You can choose not to provide us with information.
You may always decline to provide your Information with Simutech Multimedia. Registration is not required to access most of our online resources. If you decline to register, however, Simutech Multimedia will not be able to provide to you certain features and functionalities found on our Service. You may later enable or access those features by providing Simutech Multimedia with the necessary information.
You can choose to provide only information which does not reasonably identify you to others. We recommend you select a username that is not related to your actual name, for example. You can also decline to provide any optional data in your public profile.
You can unsubscribe from email communications.
Simutech Multimedia may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services, or products and services we think you may enjoy. Only Simutech Multimedia (or our vendors or service providers operating on our behalf) will send you these emails. You can choose not to receive these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email Please note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, or technical or security notices.
5. How to access, update, or delete your information
How to access or update your information.
We want you to have access to your information, so that you can help keep it as accurate as possible. If you register and provide Simutech Multimedia with your information, you may update, correct, or delete your account and information at any time by reviewing your profile information and preferences on your account settings page.
How to delete your information.
We may not be able to delete data in all instances, such as information retained in technical support logs and other business records. We will not be required to delete any information which has been de-identified or disassociated with your identifiers such that it can no longer be used to reasonably identify a particular individual.
6. Our approach to Data Security
Data security is important to you and to us.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. For example, we may ask you to provide certain information to confirm your identity, and we may require that you create and use a password to access certain parts of our Service. You should create and maintain a strong password to help ensure the security of your account.
We try to ensure that our Service and information sent to us are safe. We have an excellent track record of safeguarding our customers against the evolving IT threat landscape. You can rest assured that your training data is well protected.
Simutech Multimedia uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your information and other information we maintain in connection with our Service. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any or all of the information you transmit to Simutech Multimedia, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Simutech Multimedia makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) or similar technologies. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and will notify you of the security incident in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Simutech Multimedia is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We do not request or store sensitive information from our customers, such as credit card or social security numbers. We are also compliant with GDPR, PIPEDA, and PII policies. Our devoted Internal Security team plans and monitors security policies, including those governing the monitoring of activity logging, reviewing backup/validation/restore procedures, and the implementing of business continuity/disaster recovery procedures.
Our product infrastructure vendor, Google Cloud Services, has a strong security culture and provides several functionalities to increase security and privacy. Among these are:
Physically Secure Data Centres
Google Cloud Services maintains and stores all production data in physically secure data centres. They also maintain an on-site security operation responsible for all physical data centre security functions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
8. European Union Data Protection
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to information that we hold about them:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your information without undue delay where that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that information; and
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your information, and to object to the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
You may also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process your information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
9. Links to other sites
11. Contacting Simutech Multimedia
Please contact Simutech Multimedia with any questions or comments.
By email: info [at] simutechmultimedia.com.
You also may contact us by mail or telephone at:
Simutech Multimedia Inc.
200-4043 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON K2K 2A4
Toll free: 1-866-942-9082