It’s summer time and time to head out on those fun family road trips. The promise of exploring a new destination awaits, and the car is packed with anticipation. It is hard to believe that anything could go wrong — until of course one misses a few too many turns, and has to ask for directions!
In the good ol’ days, one had to rely on a paper map to get them back on track and avoid the constant “are-we-there-yet?” from the back seat. These days, it’s hard to imagine driving to a new destination without the aid of a GPS device, be it built-in or on your phone.
The same innovations are true for training programs!
Why you need a training plan
Maybe you just purchased a new training program for your team, and you know the destination: a well trained employee, happy, working safely, efficiently. You’re excited, the employee is excited, what could possibly go wrong? That’s when you both realize — you don’t have a map to get you to that destination.
You don’t have a training plan.
At Simutech we believe the following:
- Training is essential to achieving corporate goals.
- Continuous training is more important than a one time training program.
- Without a training plan and clear expectations, you are unlikely to achieve your goals.
That is why we work with our clients in putting together a training plan that best suits their needs and why we publish our own training plan that has the following essential elements:
- Communicate the objectives with everyone.
- Have a committed team and assign a training leader to oversee the training.
- Make sure training is scheduled weekly.
- Schedule short and focused training sessions.
- Follow a set path.
- Monitor, measure, and recognize success.
It is essential that participants in the training feel accomplished. In a training plan we shared in a recent webinar, we divided our training into five levels that are intended to gradually move a trainee through the program in an effective way.
This map allows your trainees to become expert troubleshooters at a pace that fits their skills and abilities, following a schedule, and ensuing continuous training so that retention is optimized.
We would love to connect with you to see what training best suits your needs, contact us at [email protected]